All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis dramatic adaptation of Homer's myth begins with a modern young woman who is struggling to understand Robert Fitzgerald's translation of The Odyssey . A classical muse appears and the woman becomes the goddess Athena - a tireless advocate for Odysseus and his struggle to return home.
- Author BiographyMary Zimmerman's credits as an adapter and a director include Metamorphoses (2002), The Arabian Nights (2005), and Journey to the West (forthcoming) all available from Northwestern University Press, as well as Eleven Rooms of Proust, and The Notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci. Her work has been produced at the Lookingglass Theatre and Goodman Theatre of Chicago; on Broadway at Circle in the Square; in New York at Second Stage, the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and the Manhattan Theatre Club; at the Mark Taper Forum in Los Angeles; and at the McCarter, Berkeley Repertory, and Seattle Repertory as well as many other theaters around the country and abroad. The recipient of a Tony Award for directing for Metamorphoses and a MacArthur Fellowship, Zimmerman is a professor of performance studies at Northwestern University.
- Author(s)Mary Zimmerman
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byRobert Fitzpatrick
Best-selling in Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
Save on Poetry, Theatre & Scripts
- £15.60Trending at £22.99
- £11.43Trending at £16.53
- £7.42Trending at £7.71
- £9.43Trending at £10.32
- £8.81Trending at £9.98
- £6.80Trending at £7.98
- £7.39Trending at £9.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.