All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)David L. Shambaugh,Jeannette Shambaugh Elliott
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleSamuel and Althea Stroum Books
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note49 illus.
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsForeword: The Saga of China's Imperial Collections, by Thomas Lawton Prologue 1. China's Imperial Art Treasures from Early Times to the Twelfth Century 2. Imperial Treasures under the Ming and Qing Dynasties3. From Private to Public Treasures: The Early Republican Era, 1911-19304. The Treasures through Times of War, 1931-1947 5. Relocating and Rebuilding the Palace Museum on Taiwan 6. The Gugong in Beijing: National Treasure and Political Object 7. Epilogue: The Politics of China's Imperial Art NotesBibliography Index
- Author BiographyJeannette Shambaugh Elliott (1912-96) was a Sinologist and art collector. David Shambaugh is professor and director of the China Policy Program in the Elliott School of International Affairs at the George Washington University. He is the former editor of The China Quarterly and a preeminent analyst of contemporary Chinese affairs, with numerous publications to his credit.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.73Trending at £5.08
- £3.32Trending at £3.46
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £24.03Trending at £24.44
- £6.07Trending at £6.95
- £10.21Trending at £11.17
- £20.32Trending at £22.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.