Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the folklore and history of the Oglala Sioux by Ruby, who worked with the tribe while serving as a US Public Health Service doctor for the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- Author BiographyRobert H. Ruby (1921-2013) is the author or coauthor of numerous books, including A Doctor among the Oglala Sioux Tribe: The Letters of Robert H. Ruby 1953-1954 (Nebraska 2010). Glenn L. Emmons (1895-1980) served as commissioner of Indian affairs under President Dwight D. Eisenhower and was cited for distinguished service in 1957. Cary C. Collins is the editor of Assimilation's Agent: My Life as a Superintendent in the Indian Boarding School System (Nebraska 2007) and A Doctor among the Oglala Sioux Tribe (Nebraska 2010).
- Author(s)Robert H. Ruby
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNebraska
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBison Books
- Content Note7 illustrations
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Introduction byCary C. Collins
- Foreword byGlenn L. Emmons
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.