All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBoethius' Consolation of Philosophy, a 6th century meditation on fate, free will, and virtue, was translated from Latin to Old English around 900, bringing it to a vernacular audience for the first time. This edition, translated from Old English by Susan Irvine and Malcolm Godden, includes verse prologues and epilogues associated with King Alfred.
- Author BiographySusan Irvine is Professor of English, University College London. Malcolm R. Godden is Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon, University of Oxford.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2012
- Series TitleDumbarton Oaks Medieval Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.