Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.22Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the production of nationalist imaginaries through the public visual representation of modern state formation in Brazil and Argentina. This work offers a critique of the visual aspects of national mythology. It also exposes how scientific and cultural institutions inscribed the state-form in time and space.
- Author BiographyJens Andermann is reader in Latin American and Luso-Brazilian Studies at Birkbeck College, University of London. He is the coeditor of Images of Power: Iconography, Culture and the State in Latin America.
- Author(s)Jens Andermann
- PublisherUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleIlluminations: Cultural Formations of the Americas
- Place of PublicationPittsburgh PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pittsburgh Press
- Content Note53 illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.