All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany regard this as Mackay's masterpiece. A touching, funny novel about childhood in the 1950s: friendship, village life and lost innocence.
- Author BiographyShena Mackay was born in Edinburgh in 1944. Her writing career began when she won a prize for a poem written when she was fourteen. Two novellas, Dust Falls on Eugene Schlumberger and Toddler on the Run were published before she was twenty. Redhill Rococo won the 1987 Fawcett Prize, Dunedin won a 1994 Scottish Arts Council Book Award, The Orchard on Fire was shortlisted for the 1996 Booker Prize and, in 2003, Heligoland was shortlisted for both the Orange Prize and Whitbread Novel Award. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and lives in Southampton.
- Author(s)Shena Mackay
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVirago Modern Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number2203
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight214 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £4.81
- £1.63Trending at £2.21
- £2.57Trending at £2.80
- £5.47Trending at £5.62
- £6.09Trending at £6.89
- £4.08Trending at £5.99
- £3.43Trending at £4.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.