All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnecdotal, eclectic, and always enthusiastic, The Origins of English Words is a diverting expedition beyond linguistics into literature, history, folklore, anthropology, philosophy, and science.
- Author BiographyJoseph Twadell Shipley is the author of the highly acclaimed In Praise of English as well as twenty-six other books, including The Quest for Literature, Dictionary of Word Origins, and Dictionary of Early English. In a long and distinguished career he was president of the New York Drama Critics Circle, was a founder of Yeshiva College, and taught at the City College of New York.
- Author(s)Joseph T. Shipley
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2001
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content NoteNo
- Weight907 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18 years
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £5.09Trending at £5.53
- £19.03Trending at £19.60
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.