CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £48.75Trending at £74.07
- £24.37Trending at £26.22
- £8.28Trending at £9.93
- £9.32Trending at £12.99
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £10.82Trending at £15.04
- £8.27Trending at £12.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book locates the historical origins of modern global humanitarianism in the recurrent conflict over the ethical treatment of non-Europeans.
- Author BiographyPeter Stamatov is currently Associate Professor of Sociology at Yale University. His work has appeared in The American Sociological Review, Theory and Society and Contemporary Sociology, as well as in Hungarian and Brazilian scholarly journals. He is past winner of the Bendix Prize of the Comparative Historical Section of the American Sociological Association and was recipient of Catedra de Excelencia (Excellence Chair) at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- PrizesWinner of American Sociological Association Altruism, Morality and Social Solidarity Section Outstanding Published Book Award 2014. Joint winner for American Sociological Association Global and Transnational Sociology Section Best Scholarly Book Award 2014.
- Author(s)Peter Stamatov
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Social Theory, Religion & Politics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.