All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.21Trending at £19.99
- £8.99Trending at £16.99
- £7.68Trending at £9.90
- £6.65Trending at £8.17
- £6.16Trending at £7.70
- £5.00Trending at £5.53
About this product
- DescriptionStretching across continents and centuries, this title provides a examination of executions, torture, ritual sacrifices, and other acts of violence committed in the prehistoric world. It combines symbolic interpretations of archaeological remains with a medical understanding of violent acts.
- Author BiographyJean Guilaine is Professor of Archeology at the College de France and the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales. He is the author of numerous books, including Prehistory: The World of Early Man (US translation 1986). Jean Zammit is a doctor and paleopathologist at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales. Melanie Hersey is a translator specialising in the social sciences. She has studied German, French, and anthropology and received an MA in translation from Durham University.
- Author(s)Jean Guilaine,Jean Zammit
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2004
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note61
- Weight436 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.