All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecounts the experiences of a long-forgotten part of the American expatriate population. In this book, the author details the politics of citizenship, work, and business, and the wealth (and poverty) among the Americans who staked their claim to the City of Light.
- Author BiographyNancy L. Green is professor of history at the Ecole des hautes etudes en sciences sociales. She is the author or coeditor of several books, including Ready-to-Wear and Ready-to-Work: A Century of Industry and Immigrants in Paris and New York, Jewish Workers in the Modern Diaspora, and Citizenship and Those Who Leave.
- Author(s)Nancy L. Green
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2014
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note14 halftones, 11 line drawings
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.80
- £3.63Trending at £3.70
- £4.24Trending at £4.75
- £22.29Trending at £23.38
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.