Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £5.54Trending at £5.72
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis work contributes to the body of postcolonial scholarship that explores the growth of imperial culture in the Romantic and early Victorian period by focusing on the literary uses of the figure of the Turk and the symbolism of the Ottoman Empire.
- Author BiographyFiliz Turhan's work focuses on romanticism, with specific emphasis on orientalism, imperialism, and the gothic. Her current research project is focused on the discursive construction of the Turks in twentieth-century fiction, travel literature, and film. She is assistant professor of English at Suffolk Community College and teaches courses in literature and composition.
- Author(s)Filiz Turhan Swenson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleLiterary Criticism and Cultural Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.