All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn anthology of 59 poems representing narrative verse from Chaucer to Auden and including such poems as Pope's The Rape of the Lock , Edgar's The Lion and Albert , Tennyson's The Lady of Shalott , and extracts from book-length narratives like The Faerie Queene and Paradise Lost .
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors Iona Opie and the late Peter Opie have written numerous other books, including Children's Games in Street and Playground, The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes, The Lore and Language of Schoolchildren, and The Oxford Book of Children's Verse.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1989
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleOxford paperbacks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford Paperbacks
- Out-of-print date31/01/2002
- Content Notenotes, index of first lines, index of authors
- Weight347 g
- Width120 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byIona Opie,Peter Opie
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.60Trending at £8.99
- £11.08Trending at £14.98
- £12.91Trending at £16.99
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £9.51Trending at £10.98
- £8.43Trending at £11.68
- £8.40Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.