All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompiled by one of the world's leading food experts, this book takes a global approach to food in various aspects, historical and cultural, as well as gastronomic. It is intended for those with an interest in food.
- Author BiographyAlan Davidson is a distinguished author and publisher, and one of the world's best-known writers on fish and fish cookery. In 1975 he retired from the Diplomatic Service--after serving in, amongst other places, Washington, Egypt, Tunisia, and Laos, where he was British Ambassador--to pursue a fruitful third career (his first was in the Navy in World War II) as a food historian and food writer extraordinaire. Among his popular books are North Atlantic Seafood and Mediterranean Seafood. He and his American wife Jane live at World's End in Chelsea, London.
- PrizesWinner of Glenfiddich Award 2000.
- Author(s)Alan Davidson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/10/1999
- GenreFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date20/09/2006
- Content Notenumerous line drawings
- Weight3080 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine50 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.23
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £15.00
- £54.14Trending at £82.98
- £5.20Trending at £5.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.