All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £29.84Was:£40.00Free postage
- £29.00Was:£40.00Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThis Companion is a unique repertory of foodstuffs, cooked dishes, and food processes, with entries that cover the food and foodways of the countries of the world, and the literature of food and cookery. This edition updates existing entries, the bibliography, and adds new entries on topics that reflect the universal relevance of food studies.
- Author BiographyAUTHOR Alan Davidson was a distinguished author and publisher, and one of the world's best-known writers on fish and fish cookery. In 1975 he retired early from the diplomatic service - after serving in, among other places, Washington, Egypt, Tunisia, and Laos, where he was British Ambassador - to pursue a fruitful second career as a food historian and food writer extraordinaire. Among his popular books are North Atlantic Seafood and Mediterrranean Seafood. In 2003, shortly before his death, he was awarded the Erasmus Prize for his contribution to European culture. EDITOR Tom Jaine is an independent writer and publisher, specializing in food and food history. He is the author of numerous books, including Cooking in the Country, Making Bread at Home, and Traditional Country House Cooking. He frequently writes for The Times, The Guardian, the Sunday Telegraph, the Evening Standard, and many magazines and journals. He was editor of The Good Food Guide from 1989 to 1994, has presented 'The Food Programme' on Radio 4, and has participated in discussions of food on radio and television.
- Author(s)Alan Davidson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- GenreFood & Drink: General
- Series TitleOxford Companions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note200 line drawings
- Weight2892 g
- Width227 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byTom Jaine
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.