All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionBayesian Statistics is a dynamic and fast-growing area of statistical research with wide-ranging and far-reaching applications across science, technology, commerce, and industry. This Handbook explores contemporary Bayesian analysis across a variety of techniques and application areas.
- Author BiographyAnthony O'Hagan is internationally recognized for his research in the methodology and applications of Bayesian statistics. Following BSc and PhD degrees from the University of London, he taught at the Universities of Dundee and Warwick before becoming a full professor at the University of Nottingham and then the University of Sheffield. He has also spent two years working in the electricity industry. He has substantial applied expertise from applications in many fields, including engineering, health, environmental science and finance. Mike West is an international research and educational leader in statistical science whose areas of expertise span a range of areas in Bayesian statistical modelling and computational statistics, and inter-disciplinary applications in science, biomedicine, finance and other areas. West was a faculty member at the leading Bayesian centre at Warwick University UK in the 1980s, and led the development of one of the main centres worldwide - at Duke University - during the 1990s and into the Bayesian 21st century. As distinguished professor of statistical science at Duke University, West is broadly engaged in national and international professional activities, his research continues to emphasise Bayesian methodology development and applications of complex stochastic modelling, while his major professional focus remains the engagement and mentoring of future statistical scientists.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1374 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byAnthony O' Hagan,Mike West
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.