All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an engaging, comprehensive review of health economics, with a focus on policy implications in the developed and developing world. Authoritative, but non-technical, it stresses the wide reach of the discipline - across nations, health systems, and areas within health and medical care.
- Author BiographySherry Glied served as chair of the Health Policy and Management Department at Columbia University's Mailman School from 1998-2009, and as Senior Economist to the President's Council of Economic Advisers, under Presidents Bush and Clinton from 1992-93. She is a member of the Institute of Medicine, a member of the board of Academy Health, a member of the National Academy of Social Insurance, and a research associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research. She has been nominated by President Obama to serve as Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation to the US Department of Health and Human Services and is currently awaiting Senate confirmation. Peter C. Smith is Professor of Health Policy at Imperial College London. He is a mathematics graduate from the University of Oxford, and started his academic career in the public health department at the University of Cambridge. In recent years his main research has been in the economics of health, and he was formerly Director of the Centre for Health Economics at the University of York. He has acted in numerous governmental advisory capacities, and advised many international agencies, including the World Health Organization, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the European Commission, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note64 Figures, 27 Tables, 18 Boxes
- Weight1866 g
- Width181 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edited byPeter Charles Smith,Sherry Glied
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.