All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook is for nurses needing practical guidance in clinical situations, either as an aide memoire for the specialist nurse, or an essential reference source for newly qualified nurses caring for people with neurological problems for the first time.
- Author BiographySue Woodward has worked in neurosciences nursing since she qualified in 1988. In 1996 she successfully completed an MSc in clinical neuroscience from the Roehampton Institute, University of Surrey, and following this she was appointed to a lecturer/practitioner post in neurosciences jointly between King's College Hospital and the Florence Nightingale School of Nursing and Midwifery, King's College London. Sue became a full-time lecturer in 1999, is currently programme leader for critical care post-qualification education and has developed and leads a new MSc in Neuroscience Care. She has completed a four-year term as head of department for specialist and palliative care, and is now part-way through PhD studies. She has been co-opted onto the Royal College of Nursing Neurosciences Forum committee and has been Editor-in-Chief of the British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing since its inception in April 2005. Cath Waterhouse works as a clinical educator in the neuroscience unit at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield. She has a clinical base in the neuro ITU unit, and runs the post-basic neuroscience course. Cath has more than 30 years of experience in neuroscience nursing, and has special interests in both intensive care nursing and head injury. Cath currently chairs the RCN Neurosciences Forum Committee.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks in Nursing
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width101 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byCatheryne Waterhouse,Sue Woodward
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.50Trending at £20.01
- £11.44Trending at £15.01
- £10.99Trending at £12.91
- £3.60Trending at £3.64
- £6.45Trending at £7.98
- £33.21Trending at £43.10
- £50.73Trending at £59.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.