All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.71
- £15.91Trending at £19.98
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £2.81Trending at £3.58
- £10.99Trending at £12.99
- £2.50Trending at £4.17
- £4.99Trending at £9.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis Handbook introduces the theology of the sacraments from a variety of perspectives. It contains historical overviews, biblical discussion, philosophical and theological reflection, as well as ecumenical discussion. It is one of the most comprehensive overviews of the sacraments throughout the tradition of the Christian church.
- Author BiographyHans Boersma (Ph.D. University of Utrecht) is the J. I. Packer Professor of Theology at Regent College in Vancouver, Canada. Before coming to Regent College in 2005, Boersma taught for six years at Trinity Western University in Langley, British Columbia. He also served several years as a Pastor. Boersma has written of a number of books, most recently Embodiment and Virtue in Gregory of Nyssa: An Anagogical Approach (Oxford University Press, 2013). He is also the author of Heavenly Participation: The Weaving of a Sacramental Tapestry (Eerdmans, 2011) of Nouvelle Theologie and Sacramental Ontology: A Return to Mystery (Oxford University Press, 2009) and of Violence, Hospitality, and the Cross: Reappropriating the Atonement Tradition (Baker Academic, 2004). Matthew Levering is Perry Family Foundation Professor of Theology at Mundelein Seminary. He serves as co-editor of two theological quarterlies, Nova et Vetera and The International Journal of Systematic Theology. He has authored numerous books, including Predestination (OUP, 2011), Biblical Natural Law (OUP, 2008), and (with David Novak and Anver Emon) Natural Law: A Jewish, Christian, and Islamic Trialogue (OUP, 2014). With Matthew L. Lamb, he edited Vatican II: Renewal within Tradition (OUP, 2008). His works in sacramental theology include Sacrifice and Communion: Jewish Offering and Christian Eucharist (Blackwell, 2005) and Christ and the Catholic Priesthood (Hillenbrand, 2010). Since 2007 he has been Chair of the Board of the Academy of Catholic Theology.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- GenreChristian Theology
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1392 g
- Width181 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byHans Boersma,Matthew Levering
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.