All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 36 new essays in the Handbook discuss Middleton's comedies, tragedies, history plays, masques, pageants, pamphlets, and poetry through a range of critical approaches such as feminism, ecocriticism, and performance studies. Reinterpretations of canonical plays like The Changeling mingle with explorations of recently-identified works.
- Author BiographyGary Taylor is George Matthew Edgar Professor of English at Florida State University, founder of the History of Text Technologies program there, general editor (with Stanley Wells) of the Oxford edition of Shakespeare's Complete Works, and general editor (with John Lavagnino) of the Oxford edition of Middleton's Collected Works. Trish Thomas Henley is an Assistant Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of Cincinnati. She has published in Exemplaria, Journal for Early Modern Cultural Studies, and Theatre Journal, and is currently finishing a book manuscript, Velvet Women Within: The Boy Actor and the Prostitute on the Early English Stage.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note24 black-and-white halftones; one table
- Weight1174 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byGary Taylor,Trish Thomas Henley
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.48Trending at £6.46
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.86Trending at £15.05
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.46Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.