Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £6.23Trending at £6.42
- £29.59Trending at £38.44
- £38.90Trending at £59.99
- £17.97Trending at £24.80
- £10.20Trending at £11.99
- £8.76Trending at £12.08
About this product
- DescriptionAims to bring together, present, and discuss what is known about work and organizations and their connection to broader economic change in Europe and America. This volume contains a range of theoretically informed essays, which give comprehensive coverage of changes in work, occupations, and organizations.
- Author BiographyStephen Ackroyd is Professor of Organizational Analysis, and Head of the Department of Organization, Work, and Technology, at the Lancaster University Management School. He is author of several books on Organization, most recently The Organization of Business (OUP, 2002). He is also a Fellow, and elected member of the Council, of the British Academy of Management, and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. Rosemary Batt is the Alice H. Cook Professor of Women and Work, New York State School of Industrial and Labour Relations, Cornell University. She has published widely on issues of Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management. Paul Thompson is Professor of Organizational Analysis and Vice Dean (Research) at the Strathclyde Business School, University of Strathclyde. He is author of Work Organisations (Palgrave, 3rd edition 2002) with David McHugh, and Organizational Misbehaviour (Sage, 1999) with Stephen Ackroyd. He is also co-organizer of the International Labour Process Conference. Pamela S. Tolbert is the Professor of Organizational Behaviour, and Chair of the Department of Organizational Behaviour, at the New York State School of Industrial and Labour Relations, Cornell University. Her work on organizations and occupations has been published in a wide array of organization studies and sociology journals, and she is author of Organizations: Structure, Process, and Outcomes (Prentice Hall, 2004) with Richard Hall. She has served onthe eidtorial boards of a number of journals, including Administrative Science Quarterly, American Sociological Review, Management Science, and Organization Science.
- PrizesShort-listed for MCA/Management Today Award for the Best Management Book 2005.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/05/2006
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteFigures and tables
- Weight1121 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byPamela S. Tolbert,Paul Thompson,Rosemary Batt,Stephen Ackroyd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.