All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of the Georgian Theatre 1737-1832 provides a comprehensive guide to theatre of the Georgian era across the range of dramatic forms.
- Author BiographyJulia Swindells was a writer and teacher in Cambridge. She authored Glorious Causes: The Grand Theatre of Political Change, 1789-1833 (2001), and co-edited Pickering & Chatto's edition of eighteenth-century women's theatrical memoirs (2007-8). Her other books include Victorian Writing and Working Women (1985) and, as editor, The Uses of Autobiography (1995). David Francis Taylor is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Toronto. He is the author of Theatres of Opposition: Empire, Revolution, and Richard Brinsley Sheridan (2012), as well as a number of articles on the political contexts of theatre in the Georgian period.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note30 black-and-white illustrations
- Weight1514 g
- Width178 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edited byDavid Francis Taylor,Julia Swindells
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £9.99
- £12.50Trending at £13.30
- £7.85Trending at £10.97
- £6.72Trending at £6.82
- £8.44Trending at £11.69
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
- £4.57Trending at £4.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.