All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Oxford Handbook of the History of International Law provides an authoritative and original overview of the origins of public international law. It comprehensively analyses the modern history of international law from a global perspective, and examines the lives of those who were most responsible for shaping it.
- Author BiographyBardo Fassbender is Professor of International Law at the Bundeswehr University in Munich. He studied law, history and political science at the University of Bonn (Germany) and holds an LL.M from Yale Law School (1992) and a Doctor iuris from the Humboldt University in Berlin (1997), where he also completed his Habilitation in 2004 and became Privatdozent for the disciplines of public law, international law, European law and constitutional history. He was a Ford Foundation Senior Fellow in Public International Law at Yale University and a Jean Monnet Fellow at the European University Institute in Florence. His principal fields of research are international law, United Nations law, German constitutional law, comparative constitutional law and theory, and the history of international and constitutional law. He advised the Legal Counsel and Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations on the subject of < Targeted sanctions of the UN Security Council and Due Process of Law> . Anne Peters is Professor of Public International and Constitutional Law at the University of Basel, a position she has held since 2001. She is Dean of Research of the Law Faculty. She is a member of the Council of Europe's Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission) in respect of Germany. She currently serves as the president of the European Society of International Law. In 2009, Anne was a visiting professor at Sciences Po, Paris. In the academic year 2004/05 she was Dean of the Basel law faculty. She obtained the Habilitation-qualification at the Walther-Schucking-Institute of Public International Law at the Christian Albrechts University Kiel on the basis of her Habilitation-Thesis (Elements of a Theory of the Constitution of Europe) in 2000. Simone Peter holds a doctoral degree in law (Dr. iur.) and a degree in general history and German language (lic. phil., MA). She worked as a research assistant to the chair of International Law at the University of Basel from 2006 to 2012. Her research covered the field of general public international law and the history of international law. She currently works as a lawyer in the public administration of Basel-Stadt. Daniel Hogger is PhD candidate and works as Research and Teaching Assistant to the Chair of International Law at the University of Basel. He holds a degree (lic phil/MA) in political science, international law, and history from the University of Zurich, and a degree (MA with distinction) in international studies from the University of Birmingham, UK.
- PrizesWinner of Winner of the 2014 ASIL Certificate of Merit in a Specialized Area of International Law.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- GenreInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight2102 g
- Width177 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byAnne Peters,Bardo Fassbender,Simone Peter
Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £6.27Trending at £7.14
- £6.89Trending at £7.02
- £6.30Trending at £6.42
- £30.27Trending at £30.84
- £14.62Trending at £14.90
- £28.99Trending at £32.58
- £13.59Trending at £13.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.