All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 3 of The Oxford History of the Novel in English traces how many narrative genres, conventions, and preoccupations associated with Victorian fiction emerged and developed as the novel became established at the centre of British national culture. It includes sections on book history, major authors, and contemporary contexts.
- Author BiographyJohn Kucich is a Professor of English at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. He has written numerous books and essays on nineteenth-century literature and culture. His publications include Excess and Restraint in the Novels of Charles Dickens (Georgia, 1981), Repression in Victorian Fiction: Charlotte Bronte, George Eliot, and Charles Dickens (California, 1987), The Power of Lies: Transgression in Victorian Fiction (Cornell, 1994), and Imperial Masochism: British Fiction, Fantasy, and Social Class (Princeton, 2007). He has also edited, with Dianne F. Sadoff, Victorian Afterlife: Postmodern Culture Rewrites the Nineteenth Century (Minnesota, 2000). Jenny Bourne Taylor is a Professor of English at the University of Sussex. She has written widely on nineteenth-century literature and culture. Her publication include (with Sally Shuttleworth) Embodied Selves: An Anthology of Psychological Texts (Clarendon, 1998), and ed., with Margot Finn and Michael Lobban Legitimacy and Illegitimacy in Law, Literature and History (Palgrave, 2010).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford History of the Novel in English
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteEight black-and-white halftones and two tables
- Weight1178 g
- Width181 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byJenny Bourne Taylor,John Kucich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.