All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a first undergraduate textbook in Solid State Physics or Condensed Matter Physics. While most textbooks on the subject are extremely dry, this book is written to be much more exciting, inspiring, and entertaining.
- Author BiographyProfessor Steven Simon earned a BSc degree from Brown in Physics & Mathematics in 1989 and a PhD in Theoretical Physics from Harvard in 1995. Following a two-year post-doc at MIT, he joined Bell Labs, where he was a director of research for nine years. He is currently Professor of Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics in the Department of Physics at the University of Oxford, and a Fellow of Somerville College, Oxford. His research is in the area of condensed matter physics and communication, including subjects ranging from microwave propagation to high temperature superconductivity. He is interested in quantum effects and how they are manifested in phases of matter. He has recently been studying phases of matter known as topological phases that are invariant under smooth deformations of space-time. He is also interested in whether such phases of matter can be used for quantum information processing and quantum computation.
- Author(s)Steven H. Simon
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note151 b/w illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.16
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.52Trending at £23.14
- £21.48Trending at £23.41
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £31.22Trending at £32.37
- £28.95Trending at £29.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.