Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.16Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems in this collection explore the conditions of the poet's exile from the language in which he writes. representing life between two hells and giving a voice to the silence of absence.
- Author BiographyAdonis was born 'Ali Ahmad Sa'id in 1930 in Syria. He has taught at the Universite de la Sorbonne-Nouvelle, the College de France, Georgetown University, and the University of Geneva. A poet, an editor, a translator, and a literary critic, Adonis is the author of more than twenty books, including The Stage and the Mirrors, A Tomb for New York, and The Transformation of the Lover. Samuel Hazo is the McAnulty Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Duquesne University. A widely published poet, fiction writer, essayist, and translator, Hazo was named Pennsylvania's first state poet in 1993. His most recent works are the poetry collection As They Sail and the novel Stills.
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2000
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated bySamuel Hazo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.