Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.21Trending at £12.34
- £11.75Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionWritten, compiled, and collected by the authors and fashioned into a tour-de-force solo performance, this book features the words of Chicanas speaking with humor and candor. It includes stories that place the panza front and center as a symbol that reveals the lurking truths about women's thoughts, lives, loves, abuses, and living conditions.
- Author BiographyA playwright and performance artist, Grise is a member of the Women's Project Playwrights' Lab and a recipient of the Princess Grace Award in Theatre Directing and the Playwrights' Center's Jerome Fellowship. Her play blu received the Yale Drama Series Award and was published by Yale University Press. Her other plays include Making Myth, Cuerpo Descubierto, rasgos asiaticos, and a farm for meme. Tejana, San Antonio native, and Army brat, Irma Mayorga is a scholar and award-winning playwright, whose work in theater also includes directing and dramaturgy. She is Assistant Professor of Theater at Dartmouth College and has also served as a cultural worker in numerous people of color arts and community organizations.
- Author(s)Irma Mayorga,Virginia Grise
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- GenreDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note13 b&w photos, 8 line drawings, 1 map
- Weight595 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Foreword byTiffany Ana Lopez
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.