The Past is Myself & The Road Ahead Omnibus: When I Was a German, 1934-1945 by Christabel Bielenberg (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £9.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by theentertainmentstore
- Est. delivery by 18 Dec
- £2.65+ £2.98 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by theairambulanceservice_media
- See details for delivery est.
Consider these sponsored items
- £7.96Was:£12.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Past is MyselfChristabel Bielenberg, a niece of Lord Northcliffe, married a German lawyer in 1934. She also tells of life in her newly adopted country, Ireland, her involvement with the Peace Women of Northern Ireland, and with characteristic modesty and gratitude, looks back on a rich, full life.
- Author BiographyChristabel Bielenberg, a niece of Lord Northcliffe, married a German lawyer in 1934. She lived through the war as a German citizen and wrote about her experiences in her memoir, The Past is Myself, and in its sequel, The Road Ahead. The Past is Myself was adapted for television by Dennis Potter under the title Christabel. In 1988, the Federal Republic of Germany awarded her the Commander's cross of the Order of Merit for her contribution to German-English understanding. She and her husband, Peter, have three sons and live in Ireland.
- Author(s)Christabel Bielenberg
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintCorgi Books
- Weight552 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £11.20Trending at £12.05
- £4.69Trending at £4.75
- £4.96Trending at £5.58
- £4.69Trending at £5.58
- £4.69Trending at £7.32
- £4.95Trending at £5.99
- £7.10Trending at £12.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.