CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.33
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionReverend John Dunbar and Samuel Allis set out in 1834 to establish a mission to Indians beyond the Rocky Mountains. This collection of letters written by and to the missionaries, as well as their journal entries, illustrates the life of the mission, from the everyday complications of building and maintaining a community far from urban areas.
- Author BiographyRichard E. Jensen is a retired senior research anthropologist with the Nebraska State Historical Society. He is the editor of numerous books, including Here You Have My Story: Eyewitness Accounts of the Nineteenth-Century Central Plains (Nebraska 2010); Voices of the American West, volume 1: The Indian Interviews of Eli S. Ricker, 1903-1919 (Nebraska 2005); and Voices of the American West, volume 2: The Settler and Soldier Interviews of Eli S. Ricker, 1903-1919 (Nebraska 2005).
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight975 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byRichard E. Jensen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.