All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures various games, from Bridge to Newmarket to Whist and Pontoon. This book takes us through several games to choose from. It also covers games played with other types of cards. It offers a 'working description' of each game, with the rules, and variations and origins of each. It includes an appendix of games. It is suitable for novices.
- Author BiographyDavid Parlett is a games inventor, consultant and author. He is a card games expert of international repute. A former language teacher then technical journalist, he has been freelancing in the games world since editing Games and Puzzles magazine in 1974. His many books include: The Guinness Book of Word Games (1995), A Dictionary of Card Games (1992) and The Penguin Book of Word Games (1982). He lives in South London.
- Author(s)David Parlett
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2008
- GenreHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content Noteintegrated b/w illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width133 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.42
- £1.95Trending at £2.87
- £13.64Trending at £19.95
- £2.99Trending at £3.02
- £7.02Trending at £7.99
- £8.21Trending at £8.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.