All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at a range of examples, providing definitions and explaining how they should be used. This practical guide is arranged by theme, making it possible to compare all the idioms in that subject area and find the right one for the occasion, whether in writing or speech.
- Author BiographyDAPHNE GULLAND is the daughter of David Hinds-Howell and has been researching idioms and their origins for a number of years. She lives in Alfter, Germany. DAVID HINDS-HOWELL was born in 1916 and educated at Marlborough College and Oxford University. He had a long and distinguished career as a teacher of English and director of the Hillcrest School of English. He died recently.
- Author(s)Daphne M. Gulland,David G. Hinds-Howell
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2001
- GenreDictionaries (single language)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2001
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight294 g
- Width123 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £14.99Trending at £15.37
- £7.76Trending at £9.97
- £10.06Trending at £12.08
- £11.20Trending at £12.08
- £8.95Trending at £12.54
- £4.54Trending at £5.00
- £4.04Trending at £4.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.