All listings for this product
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £8.58Trending at £9.27
- £13.30Trending at £18.22
- £10.05Trending at £13.04
- £6.81Trending at £9.03
- £6.98Trending at £9.03
- £7.58Trending at £10.03
- £7.62Trending at £9.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis award-winning collection of seventy-eight pieces of flash fiction presents an intense and powerful vision of today's world seen through the eyes of an alienated and sardonic author. The Perception of Meaning reads like an alternative history to our world - a collage of small nightmares brought to life by a canon of unlikely historical figures.
- Author BiographyHisham Bustani is a Jordanian writer and activist. He has three published collections of short fiction: Of Love and Death, The Monotonous Chaos of Existence, and The Perception of Meaning. English translations of his stories have appeared in the Saint Ann's Review, the Literary Review, and World Literature Today. Thoraya El-Rayyes, a Palestinian Canadian translator, lives in Amman, Jordan. Her translations have appeared in numerous journals, including Banipal, Open Letters Monthly, and World Literature Today, among others.
- Author(s)Hisham Bustani
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2015
- Language(s)English, Arabic
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleMiddle East Literature in Translation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Translated byThoraya El-Rayyes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.