All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pharmaceutical Studies Reader is an engaging survey of the field that brings together provocative, multi-disciplinary scholarship examining the interplay of medical science, clinical practice, consumerism, and the healthcare marketplace.
- Author BiographySergio Sismondo is Professor of Philosophy and Sociology at Queen s University, Canada. His current work, including a number of recent articles, explores the pharmaceutical industry s development and deployment of clinical research, focusing on intersections of marketing and science. He is the author and co-author of a number of books, including An Introduction to Science and Technology Studies, Second Edition (Wiley Blackwell, 2010) and The Art of Science (2003). He is Editor of the journal Social Studies of Science. Jeremy A. Greene is Elizabeth Treide and A. McGehee Harvey Chair in the History of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University. His recent work focuses on the ways in which the development and consumption of therapeutics interact with our understandings of what it means to be sick or healthy, normal or abnormal. His broader research interests focus on the history of disease, the history of global health, and the history of the pharmaceutical industry and its interactions with medical research, clinical practice, and public health. He is the author of Generic: The Unbranding of Modern Medicines (2014) and Prescribing by Numbers: Drugs and the Definition of Disease (2007), as well as co-editor of Prescribed: Writing, Filling, Using, and Abusing the Prescription in Modern America (2012).
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJeremy A. Greene,Sergio Sismondo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.