All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Justin E. H. Smith
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2016
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note7 halftones.
- Weight457 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments xi Introduction 1 1 Singular Things and Timeless Truths Featuring the Curiosa 21 2 Philosophy and Philosophia Featuring the Sage 54 3 Inside and Out Featuring the Gadfly 120 4 Body and Soul Featuring the Ascetic 159 5 Mountains and Valleys Featuring the Mandarin 190 6 Money and Love Featuring the Courtier 223 Conclusion 237 Notes 241 Bibliography 253 Index 263
- Author BiographyJustin E. H. Smith is university professor of the history and philosophy of science at the Universite Paris Diderot--Paris VII. He is the author of Nature, Human Nature, and Human Difference: Race in Early Modern Philosophy and Divine Machines: Leibniz and the Sciences of Life (both Princeton). He writes frequently for the New York Times, Harper's Magazine, Cabinet Magazine, and other publications.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.24
- £23.12Trending at £34.89
- £24.19Trending at £25.12
- £6.49Trending at £6.67
- £6.59Trending at £9.97
- £25.99Trending at £28.42
- £17.16Trending at £22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.