CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionHerbert Spencer (1820-1903) is remembered only as an alleged 'Social Darwinist' who applied the theory of the survival of the fittest to society. This book provides the modern survey of the corpus of Spencer's thought. It introduces a Spencer very different to his posthumous reputation.
- Author BiographyMichael Taylor has had a varied career as journalist, academic and central banker. His numerous publications include Men versus the State: Herbert Spencer and Late Victorian Individualism (OUP, 1992) and contributions to the New Dictionary of National Biography.
- Author(s)Michael Taylor
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication02/08/2007
- Series TitleContinuum Studies in British Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.