All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing random searches and foraging for physicists and ecologists.
- Author BiographyGandhimohan M. Viswanathan is Professor of Physics at the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte. Previously, he was Associate Professor at the Instituto de Fisica, Universidade Federal de Alagoas, where he spent over a decade investigating the complex phenomenology seen in physical, biological and economic systems. Marcos G. E. da Luz is an Associate Professor in the Departamento de Fisica, Universidade Federal do Parana. He works with both numerical and analytical methods in disorder, complexity and non-linearity in classical and quantum systems and with theoretical models in ecology. Ernesto P. Raposo is an Associate Professor in the Laboratorio de Fisica Teorica e Computacional, Departamento de Fisica, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco. His current research interests include statistical physics of random searches and the foraging problem, disordered antiferromagnets, and quantum field theory of quasi-unidimensional magnetic polymer chains. H. Eugene Stanley is a University Professor and Director of the Center for Polymer Studies, Boston University, Professor of Physics, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering, and Professor of Physiology at Boston University School of Medicine. A pioneer in interdisciplinary science, he has won the Boltzmann Medal and numerous other awards for his contributions.
- Author(s)Ernesto P. Raposo,Gandhimohan M. Viswanathan,H. Eugene Stanley,Marcos G. E. Da Luz
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note44 b/w illus.
- Weight500 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £40.93
- £20.00Trending at £36.27
- £56.83Trending at £57.77
- £29.96Trending at £35.99
- £25.67Trending at £29.86
- £22.72Trending at £25.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.