All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPicker House is a remarkable late 1960s modernist home specifically designed to accommodate a significant international collection of modern and contemporary painting and sculpture. It is situated on the outskirts of London, in Kingston upon Thames. This book brings together leading researchers who examine various aspects of this unique place.
- Author BiographyJonathan Black, Senior Research Fellow in the History of Art and a member of the Visual and Material Culture Research Centre at Kingston University London has published widely on British Modernism. David Falkner is Director of the Stanley Picker Gallery at Kingston University and curator of a broad programme of contemporary art and design projects, including the Stanley Picker Fellowship commissions. Dr Fiona Fisher is a design historian and works as a researcher in the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture at Kingston University, where she is a member of the Modern Interiors Research Centre. Her PhD on the design and modernisation of London's late nineteenth century public houses was awarded by Kingston University in 2008. Her current research into the British modernist architect Kenneth Wood was supported by an AHRC Early Career Fellowship in 2011 and 2012. Fran Lloyd, Professor of Art History and the Director of the Visual and Material Culture Research Centre at Kingston University, has published widely on contemporary visual culture and sculpture studies. Rebecca Preston, a specialist in urban landscape and domestic space in nineteenth- and twentieth-century Britain, is an Associate Researcher in the Modern Interiors Research Centre at Kingston University and an Honorary Research Associate in the History Department at Royal Holloway, University of London. Penny Sparke is a Professor of Design History and the Director of the Modern Interiors Research Centre at Kingston University, London. She has published widely, and broadcast, on the subject of the modern interior.
- Author(s)David Falkner,Fiona Fisher,Fran Lloyd,Jonathan Black,Penny Sparke,Rebecca Preston
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2012
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Width235 mm
- Height275 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £28.00Trending at £33.92
- £24.08Trending at £37.86
- £24.88Trending at £40.00
- £27.89Trending at £38.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.