All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Norton Critical Edition is the only edition available that includes both the 1890 Lippincott's and the 1891 book versions of The Picture of Dorian Gray, allowing students to compare the two published versions with the editorial guidance of Michael Patrick Gillespie.
- Author BiographyOscar Wilde (1854-1900) was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. Wilde studied at Trinity College in Dublin and at Magdalen College in Oxford, England, before settling down in London and having a long, successful career as a poet, playwright, and author. Wilde is best known for his novel The Picture of Dorian Gray and for his satirical play The Importance of Being Earnest. Michael Patrick Gillespie is Louise Edna Goeden Professor of English at Marquette University. He is the author of Oscar Wilde and the Poetics of Ambiguity, The Aesthetics of Chaos: Nonlinear Thinking and Contemporary Literary Criticism, and Inverted Volumes Improperly Arranged: James Joyce and His Trieste Library, among others. His edited works include the Norton Critical Edition of The Importance of Being Earnest and James Joyce and the Fabrication of an Irish Identity.
- Author(s)Oscar Wilde
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication01/08/2006
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Series Part/Volume Number0
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight510 g
- Width130 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMichael Patrick Gillespie
- Edition StatementSecond Edition
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.24Trending at £9.96
- £8.45Trending at £8.72
- £7.91Trending at £9.06
- £6.79Trending at £9.08
- £17.18Trending at £20.12
- £10.77Trending at £13.99
- £16.83Trending at £18.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.