Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShaft sinking for the extraction of minerals has taken place for centuries, and for much of this time, coal mining was carried out in the North East of England.
- Author BiographyPeter Ford Mason is a retired civil engineer living in the Wirral, but is originally from County Durham. He is descended from three generations of miners; his great-grandfather was a master pit sinker who died sinking a shaft in 1885. This will be his first book for The History Press.
- Author(s)Peter Ford Mason
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £13.34Trending at £16.74
- £4.95Trending at £8.90
- £24.80Trending at £42.56
- £55.13Trending at £66.41
- £17.74Trending at £19.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.