All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdwin Morgan's new version of the Sumerian epic of 'Gilgamesh' brings this ancient epic into the 21st century, instilling it with wit, poignancy and an admirable command of contemporary Scottish speech.
- Author BiographyBorn in Glasgow in 1920, EDWIN MORGAN served for six years in the Middle East with the Royal Army Medical Corps and on his return completed his Master's degree at Glasgow University. He became Professor of English in 1975, retiring as Professor Emeritus in 1980. Morgan is an adept linguist, particularly in Russian, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Hungarian. He has received a Queen's Gold Award for Poetry, the Royal Bank of Scotland Book of the Year Award in 1983, the Soros Translation Award (New York) 1985 and many other prizes. Virtual and Other Realities won the Stakis Prize for the Scottish Writer of the Year 1998.
- Author(s)Edwin Morgan
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2005
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.30Trending at £10.01
- £12.50Trending at £13.33
- £7.85Trending at £11.00
- £6.72Trending at £6.84
- £8.44Trending at £11.71
- £11.41Trending at £17.98
- £4.57Trending at £4.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.