All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only book of its kind, rewritten throughout, takes the mystery out of buying and wearing pointe shoes. Includes an intensive look at pointe-related injuries and the relationship between a ballerina and her shoes.
- Author BiographyJanice Barringer danced professionally for more than twenty-five years, and now teaches, choreographs, writes and creates classroom CDs and instructional DVDs. She has written articles for Dancer, Po/nte, Dance, Dance Teacher and Dance Spirit magazines. She has served on the faculty of the American Dance Center, Ballet Hispanico, Hark-ness House, and Steps on Broadway, and is now a professor of dance at Pace University in New York City. Sarah Schlesinger has extensive experience fitting pointe shoes and solving pointe shoe-related problems as former owner of Capezio Dance Theater Shops in Maryland and Delaware. She is now Chairperson of the graduate musical theater writing program in New York University's Tisch School of the Arts.
- Author(s)Janice Barringer,Sarah Schlesinger
- PublisherPrinceton Book Company
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Book Company
- Weight590 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £9.01Trending at £9.57
- £15.74Trending at £17.95
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £22.07Trending at £31.41
- £5.89Trending at £6.07
- £11.83Trending at £13.51
- £12.58Trending at £15.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.