All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £1.45Trending at £1.61
- £6.50Trending at £11.92
- £8.98Trending at £14.94
- £12.55Trending at £12.85
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £10.93Trending at £11.95
About this product
- DescriptionMotivated by recent events and experiences in antitrust enforcement and policy in the United States and the European Union, and new insights and findings from academic research, this book presents a collection of theoretical, empirical and public policy-oriented articles representing recent research on the political-economy of antitrust.
- Author BiographyDr. Ghosal received his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Florida (USA). Before joining the faculty at Georgia Institute of Technology in 2001, he was an Economist at the Antitrust Division (U.S. Department of Justice) where he worked on issues related to mergers, horizontal and vertical market power, tying agreements, joint ventures, price-fixing and cross-subsidization. Some of the industries he was involved in investigating included electricity, natural gas, coal, information technology, database management systems, radio broadcasting, oilfield drilling services and postal markets. While at the Antitrust Division, the investigative procedures and competition advocacy issues lead him to interact with other governmental agencies such as the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S. Department of State. His current areas of research include: political economy of antitrust enforcement; development of price and structural screens for detecting cartels; antitrust evaluation of mergers in electric generation and information technology markets; innovation strategy and competition in the automobile industry; effectiveness of U.S. and European healthcare systems; competition assessments of economic regulations; impact of uncertainty and sunk costs on industry dynamics; and efficiency, innovation and M&As in the pulp and paper industry. He has published in several peer reviewed journals including the Journal of Industrial Economics, International Journal of Industrial Organization, World Competition Law and Economics Review, Journal of Competition Law and Economics, Review of Industrial Organization, Review of Economics and Statistics, Economic Inquiry, Economic Issues, Economics Letters and Journal of Money, Credit and Banking. In addition he has a book chapter Economics, Politics and Merger Control published in Recent Advances in Antitrust Enforcement (MIT Press). Dr. Ghosal is a Research Fellow at CESifo (Munich) and ENCORE (Amsterdam), a Research Professor at the Department of Innovation, Manufacturing and Service, Deutsches Institut fur Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW, Berlin) and a Research Affiliate in the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Industry Studies Program. He is a member of the Editorial Board of The Review of Industrial Organization. He has taught a graduate summer school course on Competition Law Enforcement at the University of Amsterdam, and presented lectures on Regulation of Mergers and Detection of Cartels: What we can learn from the Experiences of the United States and Europe to government officials and other audiences in Lima (Peru). He has been a consultant for various organizations including the Center for Paper Business and Industry Studies (A Sloan Foundation Research Center) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (Paris). Johan Stennek is an associate professor in economics, working at the Research Institute of Industrial Economics in Stockholm, Sweden. His fields of research are industrial economics, competition policy and regulatory issues, currently focusing on (i) mergers & acquisitions, (ii) markets with few sellers and few buyers (bilateral oligopoly), and (iii) electronic communications. Professor Stennek is active as an economic expert in competition and regulation cases for major Swedish and European corporations, as well as the European Commission and the Swedish Government. He is affiliated to the CEPR and the Swedish Competition Authoritys Council for Competition Research.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleContributions to Economic Analysis
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 282
- Place of PublicationKidlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight886 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohan Stennek,Vivek Ghosal
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.