CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.29
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £8.66Trending at £10.60
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- Author(s)Sarah Richardson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2015
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Gender and History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: The Political Worlds of Women in Nineteenth-Century Britain Part I: The Home 1. Politics at Home 2. Useful Soup for Benevolent Purposes: The Politics of Domestic Economy Part II: Community and Neighbourhood 3. Philanthropic Economy: Radicalism, Women, and Charity 4. Women and the Politics of the Parish Part III: The National Stage 5. Female Petitioning: The Multiform Warfare of Political Life 6. From the Ventilator to the Ladies' Cage: Women and the Houses of Parliament Part IV: International Politics 7. Encounters with Imperial and International Affairs 8. British Women and the Rosewater Revolution. Conclusion: Spheres and Spaces; Borders and Frontiers.
- Author BiographySarah Richardson is an Associate Professor of History at the University of Warwick.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.