Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £43.07Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £3.19Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- Est. delivery by 30 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionPresents essays that examine the politics of old age from the perspectives of individual countries and the European Union. This book describes the measures taken by government to increase the participation of older people, analysis of the barriers to participation, and the direction of policies, forms of representation and generational relations.
- Author BiographyAlan Walker is Professor of Social Policy at the University of Sheffield and specializes in social gerontology and European social policy. He chaired the European Commission's Observatory on Ageing and Older People and currently chairs the European Foundation on Social Quality. Previous books include The Caring Relationship (with H. Qureshi) (1989); The New Generational Contract (1997); Changing Services for Older People (with Lorna Warren) (1996) and Ageing Europe (with Tony Maltby) (1996).Gerhard Naegele is Professor of Social Gerontology and Director of the Institute of Gerontology at the University of Dortmund. He specializes in social gerontology, social policy and poverty research. He is a member of the Board of Experts of the Bundestag Inquiry Commission 'Demographic Changes' and of numerous socio-political and socio-gerontological organizations and associations. Previous books include Introduction to Social Policy (with G. Backer, R. Bispinck and K. Hofemann) (1989); Changes and Risks of Older Workers (1992); Working and Caring in a National and International Perspective (with Monika Reichert) (1998).
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication05/01/1999
- Language(s)English, Multiple languages
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.