Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.33
- £40.35Trending at £41.19
- £30.00Trending at £43.08
- £18.73Trending at £19.67
- £30.00Trending at £31.97
- £16.27Trending at £16.46
- £30.19Trending at £33.24
About this product
- DescriptionThis study examines the role of modern sports in constructing national identities and the way leaders have exploited sports to achieve domestic and foreign policy goals. It focuses on the development of national sporting cultures in Great Britain and the United States, how the rest of Europe and the world adopted or rejected their games, and the impact of sports on politics.
- Author BiographySheldon Anderson is professor of modern European history and international studies at Miami University.
- Author(s)Sheldon Anderson
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note18 black & white halftones
- Weight740 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.