All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPairing historical data analysis and original research with fundamental concepts of representation and responsibility, Gary Jacobson's classic text provides students with a comprehensive introduction to congressional elections and the electoral process.
- Author BiographyGary C. Jacobson is Distinguished Professor of Political Science at the University of California, San Diego. He received his PhD from Yale University and has served on the Council of the American Political Science Association and on the Board of Overseers of National Election Studies. Jacobson's field of interest is American national politics, with a subfield focus on Congress and congressional elections, and his current research is on the electoral basis of partisan polarization in Congress. Among books he has authored or coauthored are Money in Congressional Elections, The Electoral Origins of Divided Government, and The Logic of American Politics. Jamie L. Carson is Professor of Political Science at the University of Georgia. He received his PhD from Michigan State University, where he was a fellow in the Political Institutions and Public Choice Program, now located at Duke University. Carson's research interests include American politics with a specific emphasis on the U.S. Congress, congressional elections, separation of powers, and American political development. His most recent book (coauthored with Jason Roberts) is Ambition, Competition, and Electoral Reform: The Politics of Congressional Elections Across Time.
- Author(s)Gary C. Jacobson,Jamie L. Carson
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication14/12/2015
- GenrePolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight449 g
- Width150 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.49Trending at £4.83
- £3.63Trending at £3.72
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.99
- £19.24Trending at £19.71
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.