All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.22
- £9.24Trending at £9.37
- £26.55Trending at £27.78
- £14.51Trending at £17.13
- £18.89Trending at £20.46
- £24.81Trending at £26.06
- £18.40Trending at £20.07
About this product
- DescriptionOffering an analysis of the Supreme Court's most important task - shaping the law, this book analyzes the Court's interpretation or treatment of the precedents it has set in the past. It shows that while precedent can operate as a constraint on the justices' decisions, it also represents an opportunity to foster preferred societal outcomes.
- Author BiographyThomas G. Hansford is assistant professor of political science at the University of California, Merced. James F. Spriggs, II, is professor of political science at Washington University in St. Louis. He is the coauthor of Crafting Law on the Supreme Court, which won the C. Herman Pritchett Award, given annually by the American Political Science Association for the best book on law and courts by a political scientist.
- Author(s)James F. Spriggs,Thomas G. Hansford
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note14 line illus. 5 tables.
- Weight255 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.