All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArgues that the rise of ethnic or identity politics - in the postcolonial world - is a consequence of techniques of governmental administration. Using examples from India, this book examines the different forms taken by the politics of the governed. It provides a perspective on the possibilities and limits of democracy in the postcolonial world.
- Author BiographyPartha Chatterjee is director of the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta, and visiting professor of anthropology at Columbia University.
- Author(s)Partha Chatterjee
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2006
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleLeonard Hastings Schoff Lectures
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note19 photos
- Weight261 g
- Width203 mm
- Height133 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.06Trending at £7.36
- £13.09Trending at £17.10
- £11.02Trending at £11.27
- £7.90Trending at £12.08
- £3.59Trending at £3.79
- £7.45Trending at £12.02
- £3.59Trending at £6.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.