All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.95Trending at £9.94
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- DescriptionFollows The Pilgrim's Progress as it circulates through multiple contexts - and into some 200 languages - focusing on Africa, where 80 of the translations occurred. This book accounts for how The Pilgrim's Progress traveled abroad with the Protestant mission movement, and was adapted and reworked by the societies into which it traveled.
- Author BiographyIsabel Hofmeyr is Professor of African Literature at the University of the Witwatersrand and the author of We Spend our Years as a Tale that is Told: Oral Historical Storytelling in a South African Chiefdom.
- PrizesWinner of Richard L Greaves Award 2007.
- Author(s)Isabel Hofmeyr
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2003
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTranslation/Transnation
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note20 halftones.
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEmily Apter
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.