All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStatesman and author, Edmund Burke was sympathetic to the American colonies and the Irish Catholics, but a fervent enemy of the French Revolution. This anthology presents selections from Burke's writings and speeches, including the celebrated Reflections on the French Revolution.
- Author BiographyEdmund Burke (1729-1797) was born in Dublin and educated at Trinity College. A lifelong member of Parliament, Burke was the author of A Philosophical Enquiry into the Sublime and Beautiful, A Vindication of Natural Society, and Reflections on the Revolution in France.Isaac Kramnick was born in 1938 and educated at Harvard University, where he received a B.A. degree in 1959 and a Ph.D. in 1965, and at Peterhouse, Cambridge. He has taught at Harvard, Brandeis, Yale and Cornell, where he is now Professor of Government. He is married to Miriam Brody Kramnick and lives in Ithaca, New York. Among his publications are Bolingbroke and His Circle, The Rage of Edmund Burke and numerous articles on eighteenth century topics. He has edited William Godwin s Enquiry Concerning Political Justice, The Federalist Papers by James Madison, Alexander Hamilton and John Jay and, with Michael Foot, The Thomas Paine Reader for the Penguin Classics. Most recently he is the author, with Barry Sheerman, MP, of Laski: A Lift on the Left.
- Author(s)Edmund Burke
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- Series TitleViking Portable Library S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintViking Portable Library
- Out-of-print date07/10/2003
- Weight415 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Volume editorIsaac Kramnick
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £6.39Trending at £8.90
- £5.00Trending at £5.96
- £12.97Trending at £14.20
- £7.20Trending at £8.99
- £7.03Trending at £7.99
- £5.10Trending at £5.42
- £9.00Trending at £10.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.