CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.24Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a study of the uses of adjectives in different constructions, and of the problems that arise in their analysis, both in terms of syntactic theory and philosophy of grammar. It draws and builds on previous analyses and offers solutions to a range of issues relating to the position of adjectives in English.
- Author BiographyP. H. Matthews is Emeritus Professor of Linguistics at the University of Cambridge, and a Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge. He has formerly held positions at Bangor University and the University of Reading, and has been an Honorary Member of the Linguistic Society of America since 1994. His many books include The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics (3rd edn; OUP 2014), Syntactic Relations: A Critical Survey (CUP 2007), Linguistics: A Very Short Introduction (OUP 2003), and A Short History of Structural Linguistics (CUP 2001).
- Author(s)P. H. Matthews
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight470 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.